The Northern Lights Village brand was born in 2016 and since then we opened two resorts in Finnish Lapland. We pride ourselves in delivering consistently warm and personalized service to our guests. Everyone working at the Northern Lights Village embraces this mission with great care and responsibility. We appreciate the insight of every individual and see our employees as our most valuable resource.
Our guests are truly international and so is our team, speaking all together 17 languages!
We are seeking for outgoing Wilderness Guides with a cheery personality, to join our company. This position offers the possibility for people with a passion for nature, outdoors, and adventure to grow their career at the Northern Lights Village.
Wilderness Guide responsibilities are:
- Greeting customers at the meeting point
- Offering thermal clothing, giving instructions and briefing about the activity
- Entertain guests with stories of Lapland
- Photograph the aurora hunting experiences
- Ensuring the safety of our guests at all times
- Assisting customers with queries/complaints
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the safari house
- Report any possible damage or accident
- Flexibility to respond to different work conditions - Remain calm and offer positive advice to guests
- Develop/maintain positive working relationships
- Support team to reach common goals
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Wilderness Guide requirements are:
- Wilderness Guide education or equivalent
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Valid B drivers' license
- First Aid certificate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Work outdoors for long periods of time, darkness and under very low temperatures
- Ability to handle groups of up to 12 pax without assistance
- Carry equipment weighing less than or equal to 5kg
It would be beneficial for a Wilderness Guide to:
- Speak other languages: Finnish, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish and French are an advantage.
- Have knowledge of the local area
- Photography skills
- Ability to handle groups of up to 20 pax without assistance
- Experience on the field
- Adaptability and flexibility
Pay, duration and benefits:
- Minimum 90 working hours per 3 weeks period.
- Starting in November and until the end of March.
- Hourly pay negotiated in an interview, according to knowledge and experience
- Other benefits according to the collective labor agreement.
- If necessary, the resort provides accommodation in a shared room for €200,00/month
Before applying, please ensure you have the right to work in Finland.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we may not reply to applications that do not fulfill the stated requirements. Should your application meet the initial selection criteria, you may receive a reply in early August at the latest.